卡住怎么办?


卡住怎么办?这些说法帮你“解卡"!

有时候话讲到一半就突然卡住了,可能是你忘了接下去要说啥,也有可能你一下子找不着词了,今天我们来看看如何沉着应对“卡住”的时刻,教你如何“解卡”!

1. What’s the word I’m looking for?

What’s the word/phrase/expression I’m looking for?:  什么词、说法能最贴切地表达我的意思?

“What am I trying to say?” might make you sound clueless: “What am I trying to say?”让人感觉你自己也不知道自己在说什么

What's the word I'm looking for? Don’t remind me/Don’t tell me: 我想说什么来着?别提醒我

It shows that you really care: 说这句话表明你很认真的在思考

When you use this phrase, you're also not expecting an answer, but asking yourself instead: 说这句话通常不是真的在提问, 而是在给自己时间过渡

2. How should I put it?

How should I put it?: 怎么表达最恰当?

This phrase shows that you’re looking for the best expression: 这句话让人感觉你是在寻找最恰当的表达方式

It also gives a heads-up that you’re about to say something that might be a bit tricky to explain: 同时也提醒对方,你接下来要讲的内容是比较复杂的

3. It’s on the tip of my tongue

It’s on the tip of my tongue: 我想说的就在嘴边

tip of my tongue:舌头边

“The tip of my tongue” is such a great image, as if the word is hiding on the tip of your tongue and it wants to he heard: “The tip of my tongue”特别形象,好像词真的就在你舌尖,马上就要蹦出来一样

4. I just had it

如果前一秒还记得,但突然忘了要说的,可以说:

I just had it: 我刚才还记得的

可以用“I forgot”吗?

"I forgot" is in the same category as “What am I trying to say?”: “I forgot”跟“What am I trying to say?”一样,都不是最佳的填充对话空白的方式

It make you sound lazy and uninterested: 因为这个说法让你显得心不在焉

It shows that you’re not actively engaging in the conversation: 给人你不是很想聊天的感觉

5. It’s just not coming to me

如果你想了半天还是想不起来要说的,可以说:

It’s just not coming to me: 这个词就是怎么都想不起来啊

This is a very good alternative of “I forgot”: 这个听起来比“I forgot”好多了

也可以说:

It slipped my mind: 我疏忽了、忘了

If something slipped your mind, you most likely forgot about it or forgot to do it: 这个词组表示把某件事给忘了,并不是说脑子卡壳一下子想不起来

“It’s Father’s Day? It completely slipped my mind”: 今天是父亲节? 我彻底给忘了

6. Just give me a sec

如果需要时间组织语言,直说也可以:                                                          1

Just give me a second: 容我想一想

冗长乏味的陈述经常会让沟通变得困难这时候一些实用的短语就可以帮你扭转局面.

Basically

说这个词的时候就是在暗示对方,细节的东西就不再说了,马上要说的是最核心和重要的内容,需要引起注意:

Basically: 主要地,基本上

Basically, her job is to deal with foreign customers. 基本上,她的工作就是负责国外客户。

Overall

下面这个词表示细节上好的坏的不一一罗列,而是从总体上给一个结论:

Overall: 全部地,总的来说

Overall, I was disappointed with the result. 总的来说,我对这个结果非常失望。

For the most part 

另外一个有些相似的短语是:

For the most part: 总体来说

For the most part, Paul is a good student. 总的来说,Paul是个好学生。

In any case

当谈话有一些跑题,你想把话题拉回正轨,可以用这个短语:

In any case: 无论如何,总之

In any case, I’ll see you this evening. 无论如何,我今晚会去见你。

Boils down to

这个短语非常地形象,就像沸腾时蒸汽都蒸发掉了,只剩下最重要的东西:

It all boils down to: 归根结底,归结于

The issue really boils down to whether customers will be willing to pay more for the same product or not.这个问题归根结底就在于客户愿不愿意花更多的钱买相同的东西。

Long story short

这个短语易学易记,和中文里的表达也非常地对应:

Long story short: 长话短说

如果你不想讲述得太详细:

I won’t bore you, long story short, we had a great time. 不想让你觉得无聊,我就长话短说吧,我们那天玩的很开心。

如果别人一直在滔滔不绝,你可以说:

Tom, just make long story short. Tom,长话短说吧。

In short

口语相比,这个短语在书面表达上更加常用,写作或是比较正式的时候可以用到:

In short: 总之,简而言之

In short, they continue to meet at regular intervals. 总而言之,他们继续定期举行会议。

In a nutshell

另外一个非常口语而且非常可爱的表达是:

In a nutshell: 简而言之,nutshell是坚果壳。

Just give it to me in a nutshell. 说得简洁一点吧。

All in all

最后也是一个使用频率很高的短语:

All in all: 总而言之

There were ups and downs, but all in all, it was good. 虽然有一些起起伏伏,但是总而言之还是挺好的。

原文来自邦阅网 (52by.com) - www.52by.com/article/25662

声明:该文观点仅代表作者本人,邦阅网系信息发布平台,仅提供信息存储空间服务,若存在侵权问题,请及时联系邦阅网或作者进行删除。

评论
登录 后参与评论
发表你的高见
服务介绍
邦阅官方信息发布渠道